The Federal Trade Commission released new rules yesterday concerning testimonials and product reviews when the reviewer has been compensated in some way. So, just to make sure I'm on the up and up, I think that I should come clean and let you all know that when I published that review of a Maserati Gran Turismo, in fact Maserati allowed me to keep the car. While I'm on the subject of full disclosure, the review I wrote of the cute little inn in Var, France... Yes, they comped my bill for the sweethart review.
I almost forgot, all that stuff about the University of Virginia, not only did they waive the tuition, but they gave me the degree for just showing up. Anyway, I just thought I owed it to my fans to come clean and let you know that I have been compensated for some of the product reviews I have written. And before I forget, Suntrust Bank, yeah, they tore up the mortgage and threw it in the trash after my review of their services.
So now the slate is clean, well, mostly, that stuff in Vegas is gonna stay in Vegas right? And I can continue to review the products and services that everyone uses every day with a clean conscience.
Invisotext:
Yeah right, I wish I had a Maserati, or went on vacation to the south of France, didn't have about $30,000 in loans to pay back or a mortgage. This post was a farce, take it in the spirit it was delivered.
No comments:
Post a Comment