We have already created the visual component (.camrec) and the audio component (.wav). Now, I'll open Camtasia and "import" both of those media. Drag the video onto the video timeline and when you do you'll see the adjust video dimensions dialogue box.

If you are creating a production that has several parts, it is critical that you use the same dimensions for each piece. It would be wacky to have one that was bigger than the others. So, it doesn't matter what dimensions you use, (as long as it is legible) as long as you use those dimensions consistently in the project.
A note about the Smart Focus option here. That is a really good tool that zooms in and out based on what your mouse or cursor is doing. I have used that feature in the past, but since the video in this project is based entirely on a PowerPoint I didn't have any use for it this time.
Next, drop the audio into the timeline. You'll notice that it goes into Audio 2 instead of Audio 1. This happens because Audio 1 is reserved for the audio component that was recorded with the video. Since we didn't record any sound with the video it will be blank for the duration of the project. The project should look something like this:

You will see Thumbnails for each slide with a green marker identifying the point of transition from the previous slide. You'll also see the amplitude of the audio component. This particular shot highlights a good example of what I'll discuss next time, editing. Can you see that I have more than 3 seconds from when I stop talking in the previous slide before the next one picks up? That would be an uncomfortable amount of time. But I'll cover that next time. For now, save the project and know that when you do you are creating a virtual linkage to the files that were imported. Thus if you move the project, the video or audio files you must tell Camtasia where it is next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment